Warm Baths & Cool Lights
Revitalise your body and soul by bathing in the geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana.
Geothermal Baths at Laugarvatn Fontana
We drive through the beautiful UNESCO site Þingvellir National Park on our way to Laugarvatn Fontana where you have the option to buy dinner at their restaurant for an additional cost. Please note that the dinner buffet is included in our tour Warm Baths & Cool Lights with Dinner Buffet.
Fontana has three steam rooms built over a natural hot spring and a traditional sauna along with four different hot pools. The more adventurous travellers, can take a dip in lake Laugarvatn (when accessible) and cool down between the steam baths and sauna.
The steam temperatures range between 40°C and 50°C (104°F and 122°F), depending on the temperature of the hot springs and the weather. The steam rooms create a unique experience since you can smell the natural hot water boiling underneath the grids on the floor.
The traditional sauna has lower humidity than the steam rooms, but the temperature is higher, between 80°C and 90°C (176°F and 194°F).
The three connected outdoor mineral baths vary in depth, size and temperature. It is the perfect setting to relax and socialise. From the baths, you can see a panoramic view of the countryside around Fontana and the northern lights dancing in the sky if you are lucky and they show up early.
Sóley Organics shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner are available in the changing rooms.
Northern Lights Hunt in Iceland
On our way back to Reykjavík, we go on a northern lights hunt, one of Iceland's most unforgettable sights. Our team of experts studies the northern lights and cloud forecasts to find the best spot for a sighting but since the northern lights are a natural phenomenon, sightings can not be guaranteed.
Tour duration: 18:00 - 00:30.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 6 years|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Bus fare
- Professional local tour guide
- Admission to the Laugarvatn Fontana
- Free Wi-Fi
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed.
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- Remember to dress according to weather. Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (Bring winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks for colder days).
- Indicated return times can vary.
- Camera or a mobile phone with a camera.
- If you don't see any lights on the tour we will offer you to join our RE62 Northern Lights Tour for free by contacting our customer service.
- (Bring or buy snacks and drinks).